So today we had our 12 week appointment at the ob office. The visit went really, really well. They did the ultrasound which was super neat because the baby is getting bigger so you can actually see what's what and the baby was so active. Now we are actually able to make out features - you can see the baby's profile and when he was waving his hands wildly you could see five little fingers. This was Will's first visit with me and he was really amazed at how much you could see from the ultrasound. In previous visits I called him to let him hear the heartbeat but this was the total experience. It was funny because the baby kept moving his hands and legs and raring his head back and Will turned to me and said "Can you feel that?"Anyway it was awesome. Also, they did the test for down's syndrome where they measure the thickness of the baby's neck, and look at the placement of the baby's hands ( I can't remember the correct name of the test - I'm delirious) and it was negative. The doctor said the baby looked healthy and normal. Fantastic news!! Thanks for all the prayers. God is good!I was really nervous - I even broke out in hives while they were checking all of these things out. They did my exam and blood work today as well. I will go back in 4 weeks - at 16 weeks for my next visit. Then at 20 weeks we will be able to find out the sex of the baby! Only 8 more weeks! Anyway, I am so thrilled. I don't think things have really sunk in before this visit. I guess I really wanted to get through the first trimester before I let myself get excited. I was driving back to work after the doctor's visit and I thought 'Oh my God I'm having a baby!!'
My first trimester will officially be over next Wednesday at 13 weeks and that is when the second trimester will begin. Yay! I'm counting the days!
Got sick in the shower tonight after a long day. I have the best husband ever for coming to my rescue when my puke starting backing up the drain. Thanks babe for you plunger skills and dinner that I think I may finally be ready to eat.
Post a Comment