Today I am exactly 11 weeks!! Per the books (all of the many, many pregnancy books that occupy my nightstand, coffee table, and car) the baby is now the size of a large lime. Again per the books after the 10th week a critical part of the babies development is safely behind you. So you think I wouldn't have freaked out a bit today. Okay so over the past few days my nausea and vomiting had subsided. While of course this is fantastic and I should have been shouting from the rooftops instead it kinda had me worried. You know the lack of my main pregnancy symptom that let me know that my baby was all safe and snugged up in his little temporary home had suddenly disappeared. As awful as the constant feeling of thinking you need to throw up and then preceding to do so multiple times a day is I found comfort in it. To me it meant "your pregnancy is progressing just perfectly". So I guess since I'm a freak and a bit paranoid I had to call everyone I knew who had some knowledge on the subject ( any and all of the peeps in my cellphone who had ever been knocked up and birthed a baby). Lastly I left my ob nurse a message and was assured by her (cause you know i just had to get a profesh opinion - my dear sweet friends/family just didn't quite convince me enough) that luckily for most women these early pregnancy symptoms do indeed subside as you near the end of your first trimester. Okay I felt a little better. Boobs still sore (check), Fatigued (check), eating like I have a tapeworm (check), irritable (check). The list could continue but you get the drift. Well low and behold several hours later I am hit with my most furious bout of nausea and vomiting yet. And let me tell you I was a happy woman!! I've never been so excited to have to throw up in my life!! I felt so relieved. Now don't trick yourself once I am completely and safely through the first trimester I will be thrilled for this sickness to be gone- but for now I'll gladly deal.
On another note I totally don't think 12 hour work shifts are for pregnant girls!! While retail management can be demanding and have nutty hours anyway - add a heap of the many ailments of being pregnant to it - My God!! I have never been so happy to see my couch and a prepared dinner by Mr. Tyler!!
Post a Comment