Busy Bees

The breastfeeding class last week went really well and was very informative. I am still a little anxious about it - you hear so much stuff about babies that don't latch well and there are so many different positions it's like you have to get the baby just right. It also will be quite exhausting especially the first couple of weeks but I'm up for the challenge. I'm really glad I took the class. I most definitely feel more prepared. Today I went to Target and bought a nursing bra and these nursing cami's and some cute, comfy clothes to wear while at the hospital. I also went to Baby Depot today to scope some stuff out and they are having some fantastic sales on all kinds of stuff - including the Medela breast pump and the pack and play I want. I'll wait until after my shower on Saturday and hit 'em up style! I thought that I had Hudson's going home outfit all situated but when I went to pick it up from the monogramming place - my baby's monogram looked awful - so tomorrow I'll take some new stuff up to a different place on the West side. I hate when people don't follow directions or take pride in what they do. Tomorrow I also have a doctor appointment. They will do a growth ultra sound, blood work to check for Beta Strep, and then check to see if my iron levels have come up any since I started taking the iron supplement a few weeks ago. I expect that it will be a pretty long appointment. After this visit I will start seeing my doctor every week. Wednesday marks 4 weeks until Hudson's due date!! I have a meeting in Columbia for work on Wednesday - and even though a month prior to the due date you really aren't suppose to travel I didn't think an hour and some change would be that big of a deal. Thursday night of this week Will and I have an Infant Care class at the hospital that I think will be really helpful. Will got a free pass from the breastfeeding class however if I had known how much support you need for breastfeeding I would have registered him for it as well. Between working, trying to get the house and everything ready for Hudson, on top of normal everyday stuff Will and I are both exhausted. I am seriously contemplating taking off from work a week or so before the due date - with everything else wearing me out I'm worried if I wait until the bitter end I won't even have the energy to push!!:) Swollen feet and ankles, and this god awful backache aren't helping my energy levels or my mood!!

0 Response to "Busy Bees"

Post a Comment