Ready or not

I am freaking out a bit because I still have so much to do before Hud's arrival. I have been making lists like crazy to help myself get organized and know what needs to be done and what I need however sometimes time and money are not my friends!! I had a really nice weekend off. On Friday night my sister in law came over and we got the nursery decorated. Really there are only a few final touches that need to be done. It looks great. Pics to come when I get it all completed. I had a family reunion on Saturday so it was nice visiting and seeing everyone and then I had a co baby shower dinner on Sunday night with my work peeps and another friend of mine that is having a January baby. Will worked super hard getting the basement insulated to keep Hud and Mommy warm on Saturday and pressure washed the house and the porch, sidewalk, and driveway. It looks awesome. Since the front of the house looked so good I was inspired to get some mums and re paint my terra cotta pots. It was nice spending time outside in the cooler fall like weather- and hanging with Will is always a good time;) I started having some cramping while I was at work yesterday afternoon and called the nurse at my ob office who instructed me to go home lay on my left side, drink plenty of water, and time the pain. It was not intense cramping but you know you are not supposed to have cramping in pregnancy until the bitter end. So after being at work for an hour drinking a ton of water and having my feet propped up and still cramping I decided to go home. I took a warm bath, kept drinking fluids, curled up on my right side, talked to people that knew what was going on and had been in labor before, and read my pregnancy books. The cramping finally subsided late last night there was never any real rhyme or reason to the cramping so I stopped timing after a few. I think I was just kind of scared since I don't really know what to expect. Since I had that cervical surgery years ago and had the cramping around 21 weeks and was put on the meds to prevent pre term labor - all those factors didn't help my fears. So due to all that my doctor wanted me to come in today. Everything looked good and was normal. Hudson is starting to drop which is leading to the pressure in my pelvic area and some of the cramping and lower back pain I'm experiencing. Sunday night and yesterday he was moving around like crazy it almost felt like he was burrowing down. In one of my pregnancy books it gives you the signs of pre labor, false labor, and real labor - very helpful info - especially if it's your first rodeo. All of my signs fell under the pre labor - which is just your body prepping for the real deal. The baby usually drops about 2 to 4 weeks before delivery and the pre labor can start a month or more before delivery. I still have my appointment for next week where they will do the last ultrasound for growth. I'm anxious to see how big he is. Oh, toxemia urine tests came back negative as well. Tomorrow marks 35 weeks!!

0 Response to "Ready or not"

Post a Comment