Today marks 20 weeks and tomorrow is the big day when we get to find out the sex of the baby. (Hopefully baby will cooperate!) 20 weeks marks the halfway point of pregnancy - full term is 40 weeks. So 20 weeks down and 2o more to go!! Bring it!! This past week I am now sure that I have felt the baby move. When it first happened I couldn't be sure. It almost feels like something pulling inside your tummy or like your tummy is rolling (like when you get extra hungry). Anyway ... it's amazing!! I read in my book that the baby usually is more active when you have started to relax and are laying down. They say that through your daily working and activity the baby is lulled to sleep by the rocking motion of your walking, ect. I read to get baby moving to drink a glass of milk or orange juice or eat a small snack and then lie down - the combo of your lying down and your baby absorbing the food energy makes he/she become active. Anyway - when the baby moves - mainly at night but from time to time while I'm at work it just leaves me in awe. While I am enjoying one of the good things about being pregnant and not trying to rush the phases I can't wait for bigger more powerful movements. I really can't wait for Will to be able to feel the baby. I think he's slightly jealous;) One of my new ailments is that I have this awful pain that comes and goes in my ribcage - mainly on my right side. I have heard that pretty much every part of you expands - including your ribcage to make room for your growing uterus and other organs that will be pushed out of place a bit. Anyway, it's weird and awful and since I'm paranoid it's on my list of questions for the doctor tomorrow.
Post a Comment