Tuesday I had a doctor's appointment and found out that I had some protein in my urine (which is one of the signs of preclampsia aka toxemia) and that when they checked my hemoglobin that I had low levels of iron. Hudson was measuring right on target (per the tummy measurements) and his heartbeat was nice and strong. My doctor did some additional blood work while I was there and had me do a 24 hour urine specimen. So as I'm leaving the lab they give me this huge orange jug with my name and weight on it (to add insult to injury). I had to carry the jug around with me and track every bit of my urine for a full 24 hours. Will got me a little cooler set up so I could take it to work with me (I didn't want to gross my co workers out by keeping piss in the fridge). But carrying a little cooler in and out of work made me feel like I was toting around a liver. So yesterday proved to be interesting with all of that. It was so hard to maneuver the container to pee in especially as it got heavier and heavier as the day and evening progressed. Through the night (my prime peeing time) I had to bust out jug number 2 (which I requested since I knew I would need it). What a pain to have to remember to go to the fridge to get my container, find a way to pee in it without getting pee on the floor or anywhere else when you are half asleep, and then return the container to the fridge. It was ridiculous so needless to say I was grateful to return the gasoline looking jugs full of urine to the lab this morning. They were able to tell me that the blood work came back negative for preclampsia but they still have to send the urine specimen off just to be sure. I do however have an iron deficiency. I got the iron supplement filled on Tuesday and have been taking it for the past 2 days. Hopefully that will help. When my doctor asked me if I'd been feeling tired - I really didn't think anything about it since at 8 1/2 months pregnant who's not tired? Work has been super busy and there is so much to do with shipments coming in left and right for the holidays (yeah the holidays). I feel like I have such a handicap because with a 20 pound weight limit and roll racks that are too slender for me and my belly and boxes to pass through and the carpal tunnel and numbness in both of my hands making it hard for me to get a grip on things and leads to me constantly dropping things I really am not able to be nearly as productive as I need to be. So it's just been extra frustrating. I know it's just going to get harder and harder as the weeks progress. As long as Hud is healthy I will gladly pee in a jug every single day, and not have feeling in my hands, or have a big assortment of shoes to choose from.( But thank goodness it's all temporary:))I had a great time in Wilmington and at Jennifer's shower. Being in the car and traveling went pretty smoothly. I did take my pillows along which proved to be extra helpful. It was really good seeing the other turkey and hanging out. I love the beach. Can't wait to have both the babies playing in the sand!! I think I may finally actually get a chance to work in baby Hudson's room tomorrow night. Off this weekend - yay!!
Post a Comment