So I received a call from my ob office this morning and was told that my glucose screening test came back high. (What a way to wake up, right?) I have to go back on Friday for more extensive testing so that we can see if I have gestational diabetes. My glucose level was at 147 and ideally it should be at 140. This didn't seem so bad to me however the nurse said it was cause for additional testing. The test on Friday morning lasts 3 hours and for the 3 days prior you have to prep for the test(by adding sugar to your diet) and then of course fast from midnight Thursday until the appointment. I went online and read a bit about gestational diabetes and treatment. Everything that I read made me feel like a total fat ass. I think there is a bad stereotype that goes on with people with diabetes. One of my aunt's had gestational diabetes with one of her pregnancies and baby and Mom were absolutely fine. This is very comforting to me and btw Aunt Susie is totally hot and fit. The scariest thing that I read was that in some cases women with gestational diabetes develop Type 2 diabetes later in life. I am really going to try not to worry too much until I know for sure - but you know it's hard! I am also pissed about this - I feel like I have every ailment in the book! Will did remind me that I didn't have hemorrhoids. Always the eternal optimist. Pray for a good report on Friday and a healthy Hud an Stef:) A shout out to my Mom and Memaw for always making me feel better about things!!
Post a Comment