Espresso Please

After feeling pretty good for the past week or so I got sick again last night and felt sick on and off most of the day today. I thought my energy level was coming back but today once the morning passed I felt absolutely drained. I have really been trying to go without or limit my caffeine. I always drink less that the 200mg that you are allowed while pregnant. But some days it is so hard. Most of my adult life I have been a caffeine junkie. Pre pregnancy I bought sugar free Red Bull by the case (classy I know). I have such a love for good coffee and sweet tea that I almost never turned it down. But with the sweet baby now residing in my womb I only have enough caffeine to avoid a headache and for a bit of pep on mornings that I really need it. Maybe one day I'll get extra healthy and live off my natural energy but that really is not so much my style. Since I got pregnant one of the first things that I noticed was that I was disgusted by both the smell and taste of coffee. In the past few months I have literally had only a few sips of coffee until this morning. It was kind of chilly outside and I thought a good cup of coffee sounded good. I stopped off at Broadway Bagels to pick up a cup on my way to work and it was divine. I got about half way through my delicious cup of brew when I started feeling super queasy. The baby does not chill with coffee!! I even put lots of milk in there for him/her! So that's when the sickness began. No more coffee for me for a while. I'll have to stick to my teas for now.

0 Response to "Espresso Please"

Post a Comment