Sinus Rinses and Such

I haven't blogged in a few days. I have had an incredibly bad sinus infection and that along with being pregnant and in the midst of moving and working has drained me of my energy. So when my day was done I chose to crash out in the bed versus blog. Not too bad of a choice for the sick and weary. I did manage to make it to Target a few days ago to scope out the maternity/big girl clothes since most of my jeans and slacks will no longer button. In fact my hair tie has lost it's place on my wrist and is now helping to extend the waist on my pants. (Thanks Aunt Susie for that fantastic trick!) However I was overwhelmed because maternity clothes are still too big but my clothes are getting smaller and smaller by the day. I don't want to buy a couple sizes up in regular clothes for me to not fit into them in a month or two and them just be a waste of money. (Because hello I am so going back to my regular size after the baby!!) So as I strolled my nephews around between the rows of clothes I just became more overwhelmed and confused. As the kids slurped contently on theirIcees and I began chewing my straw I decided it would be best to remove myself from the stressful situation. I would come back with reinforcement. In the meantime I remain snugged up or in yoga pants.
So hardly any relief for the sinus infection since when you are PG you can't take ANYTHING! I suffered through the end of last week and the weekend and when Sunday night was close to unbearable I went to see my family doctor on Monday. After much drama in the waiting room due to a rude old man who took my seat (which was accompanied by my personal belongings) and refused to move. This man was hateful. He talked loudly to his wife and anyone who would listen about how rude I was! As If! My pregnancy hormones finally got the best of me after I told him how rude HE was I went up to the receptionist desk and told them about Oldy McGoldy out in the waiting room causing a ruckus. He was scolded and finally shut his pie hole. Thank God! So I eventually get to see my doctor who informs me that I can't have anything for a sinus infection. I can only take Tylenol Sinus and she told me to get something called a sinus rinse while I was at the drugstore. I am so sick at this point. I am literally coughing so hard and have so much mucus in my throat that I am throwing up mucus. My nose is clogged up with mucus as well and my mouth is occupied by the vomit so I can't breathe. I feel like I'm dying. Disgusting I know. But I'm trying to give you an idea of just how miserable this situation is. So I get some chicken noodle soup from Panera, get the tylenol sinus, my nausea presciption, and my sinus rinse and take it to the house before I have to go to work. I eat, take my meds, take a short nap, then shower and do this sinus rinse and holy menagerie this sinus rinse is no joke. It's not a netty pot or a nasal spray but like a combination of both. I can literally feel the mucus being pulled from my puffy cheeks and my ears and cheeks are popping. It's insane. It's gross. But it brought relief like I cannot explain. Who ever created this thing is a genius. So I've been doing the sinus rinse a couple times a day and I really am starting to feel better. I got Will to try it last night since he's been feeling kind of bad too and he was just as amazed. The sinus rinse has found a home in my medicine cabinet and in my heart. Not quite Flonase but pretty close.
Off of work until Monday. Yay!! More packing and sinus rinsing will be on the agenda.

0 Response to "Sinus Rinses and Such"

Post a Comment