We finally spent the first night in the new house on Tuesday. My grandmother was beyond gracious to let us stay with her for a month while we were in transit. I miss her but it's nice to be on our own and moving forward. We've been doing lots of moving and organizing but still lots to do. My work week won't start getting crazy until tomorrow so I've had more time than usual to get things done. My Mom has been a huge help as well. I am however in an almost constant state of irritability. I feel so mad most of the time. I know I have been super mean, too. Then almost instantly I feel guilty that I've let my hormones get the best of me. In a fit of rage I told my Mom, Will and whoever else happened to be in the room that if I didn't have to work I would leave and go help with the oil spill in the Gulf just so I could be away from everyone I know until the baby came. I think on top of my hormones it's this god awful heat. It has been - no lie - 100 degrees for the past 2 days. I am dying! What is weird is that I am hot in a whole new way - like I am literally roasting from the inside out. I am internally on fire- always!! Thank God for the great ac unit in the new digs. But even in the ac I still can't quite cool down. I am so in love with ice - especially the crushed variety that I just can't get enough. I could eat ice all day long. I am sure the constant chomping is extra annoying to my co workers and any one else within earshot but oh well!! It's my saving grace. Also I think to top off my irritability is that I still can't go to the bathroom well. I finally broke down and bought this stuff called Colace that the doctor recommended after the gallons of water I was drinking. I took one dose a few days ago and it's really not doing the trick - it's been over the 12 to 72 period of pooping promise. I took a few a little bit ago - we'll see - but I have never quite experienced constipation like this in all my life. TMI - maybe? but this is an honest upfront glance into the day to day experience of my pregnancy.
Post a Comment